Friday, March 2, 2012

Weekend Picks; Letterpress in Oakland, Nieto Fine Arts, SF History Expo

 John A. Nieto, photographs now at Nieto Fine Arts

From John A. Nieto's statement: "There’s an energetic match that’s unique to every photographer and their “work”. Because most of my images are fleeting moments of my life, they are a certain testament, or reflection of my attitude on life. A pathway to my beliefs. "

"I’ve often wished to photograph dancers and as I watched and participated in a night swim recently, I became mesmerized by the drama the underwater pool light cast and how it adds so much mystery to the beauty of witnessing a human body in full motion. These moments became the dancers I’ve hoped to photograph contained in the “Aquatic Ballet Series” shot in Palm Springs, California."

More at:
http://www.examiner.com/museum-in-san-francisco/weekend-picks-letterpress-oakland-nieto-fine-arts-sf-history-expo

No comments: